Friday, July 9, 2010

Unbelievable

This is unheard of, I'm actually posting on two consecutive days. Only because I've been sitting here at work just being kind of introspective and even a little awestruck over how much music is just sitting on my multiple TB's worth of harddrive space, and how easy it is to get music nowadays. I mean literally all you have to do is just think of something you want to listen to, type the album title into Google along with your file-sharing site name of choice, and damned if it's not playing through your computer speakers within a few minutes' time. As long term underground music devotee, I don't know if I'm lucky or just spoiled to have it this easy...hmm

Anyways enough meandering bullshit. Here's an album that DID take me a while to find a decent sounding version of; I'm still going to have to track down a good vinyl copy and do a legit rip of it.

Sacrilege - Turn Back Trilobyte












Sacrilege was a female-fronted ex-thrash band gone doom metal (although this album is still pretty fast and progressive.) I guess it's sort of like Megadeth mixed with a less straightforward Run to the Light-era Trouble sort of sound. Some totally killer harmonies on this thing. Get it.

No comments: